Saturday, December 10, 2005

'tis the season


Season's greetings to all. And that season, of course, is winter cuz it's getting cold! We've had a couple snow falls already, just this past week, but it seems that we've actually dodged the worst of it. Tuesday we had an inch fall, but none of it actually stuck to the roads and then Thursday night we had a good 3 or 4 inches, but west of the city reported 10 inches.

It's nice to see the snow again. Our tree is all set up and decorated. We have stockings hung by the chimney with care. A chemically treated log is snapping away in the fireplace. It's quite lovely really :)

A couple weekends ago, Allie and I took a trip up to Gettysburg, PA. It was the weekend of Thanksgiving, actually. After a crisp quiet turkey day, we woke up and headed up the road to a neat little B&B right in downtown Gettysburg. It was a cool little town, though Civil War obsessed. I'm still not sure what to think of B&Bs- I can't get over the feeling of being a guest in someone else's house, but there is a certainly level of comfort in the homely atmosphere. Check out some Gettysburg pics here. (Who knew Civil War rifles were made in Windsor, VT?)
So this past week our DSL finally got running. We've had it for about 2 months now, but I finally got a chance to call the company and get them to figure out why our transfer speeds were slower than dial-up and why we'd lose a connection every 10 minutes. It was excrutiating and entirely prohibitive to being online at all. So I'm hoping this means I may be a bit more attentive to this blog :)

Big shoutout to Gregorio- happy birthday!

Haha, got a great pic from a couple weeks ago. Joe landed this trout and it was the only catch of the day. I swear to you, he threw the lure in the stream empty, and pulled it out with this lunker on it.

No comments: